About this tour
Your three-and-a-half-hour guided food tour will take you to markets and popular restaurants in Rome. In groups of no more than 15 people, you will visit places such as the Jewish Ghetto, Trastevere, and Campo de Fiori.
Taste the food and wine in the restaurants, gelaterias, bakeries, and markets. Enjoy a piece of Rome’s mid-morning snack, pizza Bianca garnished with thin slices of mortadella. You will also sample browned supplì: tomatoey fried rice balls stuffed with creamy morsels of mozzarella and savory gelato. In the Jewish Ghetto, you can taste fried codfish and smell the aromatic spices in the Campo de’ Fiori market.
You will learn about Italy’s culinary history as you taste and savor the food and wine. Discover the cultural heritage that the Italian people are known for and interact with the locals. The end of your tour should leave you with enough knowledge to help you order like a local as you enjoy the best restaurants in town.
- Visit some of Rome’s selected neighborhoods
- Taste popular foods such as artisanal gelatos and pizza Bianca with mortadella
- Sample supplì, a mozzarella-stuffed fried rice ball
- Discover the secrets to the best pasta
- Visit well-known restaurants and shops in the Jewish Ghetto and in Trastevere
- Explore various restaurants and eat like a local
- Visit to Campo de’ Fiori Market
- Pizza Bianca with mortadella
- Mozzarella cheese tasting with Roman salami
- Jewish Ghetto groceries and tasting of typical Roman food (fried artichoke, supplì, codfish)
- Pasta tasting in Trastevere
- Gourmet gelato in Trastevere
- Walking tour (maximum 15 people)
- Enthusiastic foodie guide
- Additional food is not included in the program
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Operated by Gourmetaly - for food lovers only