About this tour
This full-day trip will take you from Rome to Pompeii in our air-conditioned private bus. You will not wait in line as we will arrange an express entry into the guided city. Your guide will take you around the ancient city and tell you more about its history. As you walk through the ruins, you will come across plaster casts. These are plaster recreations of people who died in the volcanic ash.
Your next stop will be the slopes of Mount Vesuvius. During the months of April to November, you can drive up the mountain. From the top, you will enjoy a view of one of Europe’s few active volcanoes located in Vesuvius National Park. This will be followed by a short hike to the steaming crater and a breathtaking view of Capri and Sorrento.
Mount Vesuvius is closed during the winter months of November to March. During this time, you will visit the coastline and explore the city of Naples. Enjoy a tour of the magnificent Castle Nuovo, Umberto I Gallery, and a stroll around the Plebiscito Square.
- Travel to and from Rome in an air-conditioned private bus
- Front of the line access at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii (No waiting in line)
- Enjoy a short hike to the top of Mount Vesuvius for incredible views of the Bay of Naples. Only available during the months of April to mid-November)
- Stroll through the historic city of Naples from the months of mid-November to March
- Guided tour of the Roman town of Pompeii
- Roundtrip transportation by air-conditioned bus
- Skip-the-line ticket to Pompeii
- Tour guide
- Entry ticket to Vesuvius National Park (April-mid-November)
- Free time in Naples (mid-November-March)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Operated by City Wonders Ltd.