About this tour
Your day begins when our coach picks you up in Rome. As you drive toward Tuscany, you will enjoy the wonderful sights of rolling hills and the horizon as far as the eye can see. Your knowledgeable guide will tell you about the rich Tuscany culture and answer any questions you may have.
Your day has a lot of activities lined up. You will start with a walking tour of Montepulciano. It is such a delight exploring the hill town. This town has abundant wine cellars and ruins which pre-date Rome. Your next stop will be the 16th-century Renaissance church in San Biagio. The fantastic decorations and flooding sunlight inside will fill you with awe.
After a morning spent exploring, a sumptuous Tuscan lunch awaits. As you sit in an authentic vineyard farmhouse, you will enjoy a 3-course meal with fantastic wine pairings. The wines include the celebrated Brunello di Montalcino as well as varieties from the local vineyard.
Enjoy a leisurely afternoon walk around the shops and buy the souvenirs that will remind you of your wonderful day in Tuscany. You can buy wines, pecorino cheese, or balsamic vinegar. You can also stop to capture that moment in a photo to show to your friends and family back home. If you don’t find the wine you are looking for, there is still one more stop in Pienza. After a delightful day and as the evening begins to set in, our guide will take you back to Rome.
- 3-course lunch with local wine pairings enjoyed in an authentic vineyard farmhouse
- Relaxing walking tour of Montepulciano
- Tales of the Tuscan region and the rich local culture
- Visit to the centuries old San Biagio church
- Visit Pienza and buy souvenirs such as wine, cheese, and balsamic vinegar
- Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Guided tour of Montepulciano (groups no larger than 25 people)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Headsets (where necessary)
- 3-course gourmet lunch and wine tasting at a Tuscan farm
- Visit St. Biagio Church and the hill town of Pienza
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
City Wonders Ltd.