About this tour
Your tour leader will meet you at the Termini train station for your day tour to one of Europe’s most romantic cities. Enjoy a three-hour ride from Rome on the speed train and listen to your tour leader tell you the highlights of Venice. The tour includes a ride on the Venice waterbus or Vaporetto.
Arrive at St. Mark’s Square, the historical center in Venice, and go inside St Mark’s Basilica. Later, you can enjoy the aroma-filled cup of coffee, shop or explore the many alleys in Venice. One of the must-visit places is the Ponte dei Sospiri or the Bridge of Sighs. This is one of the city’s most popular locations.
The trip cannot end without you tasting the local delicacies. Before going back to the train station and departing for Rome, join your tour leader for an aperitivo, or cicchetto. This is a mix of several flavourful side dishes generally served in the so-called bàcari. The dish is usually accompanied by the well-known Venetian Spritz.
- Guided tour of the heart of Venice
- A trip on a high-speed train to Venice and back to Rome by evening
- Visit St. Mark’s Basilica and explore the Venice alleys
- Enjoy tasty traditional side dishes including aperitivo
- Tour leader
- Group coordinator assistance
- Return train tickets (Rome-Venice-Rome)
- Ferry boat pass (12-hour validity)
- Aperitivo Veneziano
- Waterbus ticket
- Transfers to the stations
Operated by Gray Line I Love Rome