About this tour
Meet your guide at a central location for your electric-assist bicycle tour. Your ride will take you on a scenic tour of Rome. You will visit the Appian Way, which was built to connect Southern Italy to Rome. Dating back to 312 BC, the Ancient Appian Way became one of the most vital access points in the Roman Republic.
The electric-assist bicycle will allow you to cover a significant distance with minimal effort. Enjoy the scenery as you ride past the Aurelian Walls, the Thermal Baths of Caracalla, and the Park of the Aqueducts. Along the way, your guide will tell you about the ruins and also about ancient Roman burial customs. Go inside the subterranean tunnels and marvel at the work done many years ago.
You can choose a long route or short route for your tour. The long route includes a tour of the 2nd-century catacombs. Your tour ends once you return to Rome.
- Visit the ancient Appian Way in Rome on an electric–assist bicycle
- Scenic tour with an intermediate level difficulty
- Option of a short tour or a long tour which include the 2nd-century San Callixtus catacombs or 4th century San Sebastiano catacombs and learn of Roman burial traditions on the longer tour
- Maximum number of people limited to 10 for a personalized
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Quality electric-assist mountain bike
- English / German / French / Dutch – speaking guide (depending on your chosen language)
- Guided visit of the Catacombs of San Callisto or San Sebastiano (ONLY IN THE 6-HOUR TOUR)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Operated by TopBike Rental and Tours