What's in our tour?
This Paris Marais tour shows what Paris is so good at: blending past and present. In Marais, we keep navigating between old mansions and newest fashion.
We meet at #111 boulevard Beaumarchais, outside a fashion store called MERCI. Right away we jump into a unique world that mixes together history, culture, and fashion.
Landmarks on this tour include: place des Vosges, hotel Sully, and the Jewish pletzl. But this Marais walking tour also focuses on authentic details such as art galeries and private homes.
The Paris Marais tour finishes by the banks of the river Seine, close to isle saint-Louis and to Notre Dame.
To see more on this free tour, we do not spend time going inside each building.
- Refined town-houses of the French aristocracy. And tales of their escapades and their lifestyles
- Places des Vosges and secluded parks and gardens where Parisians like to stroll
- Hotel de Sully: the stunning gem you do not see coming
- Paris’ “good-looking only” bar
- The ever-changing Jewish pletzl
- The fashion stores that set the trend one year ahead – and how to stay ahead of them
- HOT DAY SPECIAL: on hot days, we walk in the shade, our guides have fans and water sprays for every guest, and every tour makes frequent stops for water
Where and when?
The Marais walking Tour starts on time every day at 2.30 pm rain or shine and runs a relaxed 90 minutes.
Runs every day, closed on Dec. 24 & 25 only.
We meet at #111 boulevard Beaumarchais, outside a fashion store called MERCI.
Closest metro is Saint Sebastien Froissart on line 8.
This tour ends near metro stations Saint-Paul and Hotel-de-ville.
Groups of 8 and more please book. In the interest of all guests, we reserve the right to turn down large groups without a reservation. We advise large parties to book a private tour.
Why take this tour?
This Free Paris Marais tour shows an insider’s insight into Parisian art de vivre at its best.
And because only a born-and-raised local can help you navigate the secrets of this maze.
This is a free walking tour of Marais. You pay the guide what you want at the end of the tour.
Reservations are not required, and walks-ins are welcome.
Join the tour meeting point 5 minutes before start.
If you wish to book in advance, use the booking button on the left side of this page.
Privatize this tour
Groups of friends, families, and school groups often reserve a private guide for this Marais tour. Budget is €125 to €240, depending on duration, group size and itinerary.
Wheelchair accessible tour.