About this tour
Explore the area of Vesterbro and embrace the outdoors with 12 stops along the way. Meet your local guide right in front of the gates that used to be the entrance point to Copenhagen. This will be unlike any tour you have ever taken, it is informative about the joys and struggles of a neighbourhood’s past and present. Evidence remains today of the seedy nightlife that once gave Vesterbro such a sordid reputation. As the drug dealers and prostitutes moved out, students, artists and other creatives moved in, turning this formerly industrial district into Copenhagen’s new epicentre of cool. These days, dive bars sit happily next to offbeat boutiques and charming courtyard restaurants. The guide will lead you to several brown bars and craft beer bars. The combination of tasting/drinking beers and interacting with other people can be fun. Learning about the history of Vesterbro while enjoying a few beers was the perfect way to complete your afternoon.
- Tune into seedy Vesterbro tales of the past through a couple of brews with locals who have walked these streets most of their life.
- Discover where the locals live and love to hang out with pit-stops in 3 beloved and markedly distinctive pubs, where you of course get to taste the golden and distinctive beers with the locals.
- Experience how gentrification is transforming a shady neighborhood into a hip urban area without compromising the neighborhoods past identity, while you support a range of good causes.
- Discover that beer makes Vesterbro better!
- Native English-speaking guide.
- 1 traditional Danish beer and 2 craft beers.
- 1-on-1 recommendations for further exploring the city.Not Included
- Additional food and drinks.
- Tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Souvenirs of a personal nature.
- Post-tour dinner.
Operated by Copenhagen By Mie