About this tour
History isn’t just an essential introduction to your own country, ethnic heritage and ancestry. It’s also a valuable tool when it comes to understanding the cultural history of those who are different from us. This day-long tour is great for all people as it will open a door for you to explore further than the city center. The tours are organized in groups of a maximum 16 people for a more personalized experience. The itinerary includes a visit to the royal monuments of Kronborg Castle and Frederiksborg Castle and the World Heritage site of Roskilde Cathedral.
All guides are local academics with solid knowledge of the history as well as intricate details of the sites. The guide will take you to Roskilde to visit Roskilde Cathedral, the burial site of 39 Danish kings and queens, including Ingrid of Sweden, spouse of Denmark’s Frederick IX, father of the current Queen Margrethe II. Recreate the days Vikings used to rampage their way – and conquered – much of Western Europe and the North Atlantic at the Viking Ship Museum. Do not miss this Royalty – World Heritage combo tour.
N/B: Some sites have steep stairs thus activity is not suitable for people with mobility impairments or wheelchair users.
- Delve into the history of Denmark on a scenic tour of royal castles and Viking ships
- Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød
- Visit Shakespeare’s Elsinore at Kronborg Castle
- See the burial sites of Danish kings and queens at Roskilde Cathedral
- Discover old Viking ships and reconstructed models at the Viking Ship Museum
- Pick-up and drop off from the cruise harbour or from most hotels in the inner city
- Entrance fees
- Knowledgeable driver/guide
- Lunch (but can be organized at own cost)
- Pickup from hotels near the airport and a few other exceptions
Operated by Hamlet Tours