About this tour
Are you in or planning to be in Copenhagen? Do you love history? This must tour is a bucket list item. It is the tour exploring the early rulers and pacifiers in any case in the past Royalty and Religion were the institutions through which masses were ruled and administered. The passionate guide will take you to historical sites of significance and enthral you with narration that makes the players, movers and shakers, the lovers and adventurers, the enemies and victors of a past gone by come to life.
Get to understand how Roskilde Cathedral and Kronborg (‘Hamlet’s castle’) are fascinating glimpses into how religious and royal military architecture are informed by pageantry (kings and queens are interred in Roskilde’s chapels and crypts) and geography. Finally, finish the tour at the Viking Ship Museum. This small-group tour is limited to a maximum of 16 people. The video at the maritime museum is a must. The main departure point is Coach parking Tivoli Copenhagen, H. C. Andersens Blvd. 26, 1553 København, Denmark but hotel pick up are also possible.
- Roskilde Domkirke – (The largest cathedral in Denmark (but in the months of November through to March – only a photostop is possible)
- Immerse in Danish history at the Viking Ship Museum
- Self Exploration at the Frederiksborg Castle
- Kronborg – Hamlet’s castle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are only for hotels in the city center
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small group size (no more than 16 people – usually less)
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
Operated by: Hamlet Tours