About this tour
Each year, about 340.000 visitors come to see the Royal Coster Diamonds craftsmen at work. Free guided tours demonstrating the process of cutting and polishing diamonds are led by Royal Coster’s accommodating staff. Join this tour to learn more on why Amsterdam is named the ‘City of Diamonds’. Then, have the unique opportunity to see the diamond polishers and goldsmiths upclose, whilst your guide explains how diamonds are formed and polished. You can take a picture of yourself behind a real diamond polishing table, learn how to analyze a diamond and hear why some diamonds sparkle more than others.
The Royal Coster Diamonds in Amsterdam is the oldest, still operating, diamond polishing factory in the world. It was founded in 1840 and has since worked on a few historical masterpieces like the Koh i Noor, which is mounted in the Crown of Queen Mary. Among some of the famous clients of the factory were Queen Victoria, Empress Sisi and King Rama V of Siam who here to witness how the most sparkling diamond jewelry was crafted.The tours are available in more than 15 languages. After the tour, visitors can browse in the spacious showrooms.
- Visit the oldest diamond polishing factory in Europe
- Step into the footsteps of famous visitors such as Empress Sisi and Prince Napoleon
- Learn more about how Amsterdam has become the ‘City of Diamonds’
- Take a picture of yourself behind the diamond polishing table
- Learn how to analyze a diamond like diamond experts
- 1-hour guided Royal Experience tour in English (other languages based on availability)
- Picture opportunity behind a real diamond polishing table
Operated by GetYourGuide