About this tour
A journey to the jewels of the Dutch countryside will give you snippets of the real Netherlands. Experience Holland’s rich culture through its picturesque countryside. Embark on this six-and-a-half-hour tour and discover the charming towns of Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam and Marken. Meet your guide and board the vehicle near the Central Station in Amsterdam.
Your first stop is Zaanse Schans. Enjoy the view and take pictures of the iconic Dutch windmills that are still in use today. Stroll around this open-air museum that houses a collection of working windmills, wooden houses and barns that date back to the 18th and 19th Centuries. The next stop is Edam in Waterland where you will walk through historic sites like the square where the famous Cheese Market once took place. Then at Volendam, visit a local cheese producer, and learn about Gouda and Edam cheeses production. At the clog factory, discover the secrets of this typical Dutch shoe. End your tour at Marken and travel back in time to the 17th century as you walk by cosy fishermen’s houses and the fishing harbour.
- Explore the Dutch countryside
- Cover 4 places: Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam, and Marken
- Take pictures of typical windmills
- Learn about gouda and Edam cheese production
- Discover the clog factory and get to know the typical Dutch shoes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Transportation by bus
- Amsterdam canal cruise (if option selected)Not Included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Operated by Amsterdam Guias Tours