About this tour
You don’t really know the soul of a city if you haven’t eaten food that locals swear by. The reigning Dutch flavours are subtle raw and basic. To best explore the culinary offerings of Amsterdam sign up for this tour centred in the Jordaan neighbourhood. It is very close to the Amsterdam city centre and is more than just the food and drinks. With the direction of your local foodie guide, it is going to be an exploration of the neighbourhood’s history and why its culture ticks. The walking tour will take yous around the Jordaan district’s best delicacies and eateries in the area preferred by the locals, sample enticing delicacies like smoked sausage, creamy Gouda and pickled herring. This tour will give you a different perspective as it is away from the regular tourist traps. Furthermore, it will deepen your understanding of culinary Amsterdam, the community and their preferred flavours. The tour is limited to 12 people thus there’ll be personalized interaction with your guide and fellow foodies.
- Taste Amsterdam’s best smoked sausage from a family-run butchery
- Discover the history and culture of Jordaan on an easy walk
- Visit eight local eateries to enjoy 12 Dutch food tastings
- Learn about Amsterdam’s culinary traditions from a knowledgeable guide Small-group tour
- limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experience
- Discover the other side of “Dutch” cuisine: Indonesia and Surinames.
- Visit to Café Papeneiland that has been in business for almost 400 years
- 10 samples food & drinks at 6 different tasting locations
- coffee, tea, water & jenever
- Local english speaking guideNot Included
- Gratuities / Tips for guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Extra drinks
Operated by Amsterdam Food Tours by Eating Europe