- Moulin Rouge, windmills, and the cabaret of the Assassins
- Sacre coeur church and artists’ square – icons of Bohemian Paris
- Eccentric Montmartre. Chat noir, and the extravagant home of French pop singer Dalida
- Montmartre’s vineyards and Paris’ most celebrated 180° view
- Hidden favorites of Renoir, Picasso, Van Gogh and Toulouse-Lautrec – and why they matter to the rest of the world
- The best view of Sacred Heart – and why no one ever goes there
Top Free Walking Tours of Paris
There are lots of free walking tours in Paris - tip only tours where you pay what you would like at the end of the tour. We have selected the best Paris free walking tours for this list.
Why listen to us? -- Our local guides give over 100,000 Discover Walks tours every year. We know what makes up a good tour. That is why we feel this list will help you find the free walking tour of Paris that will work best for you.
- Le Marais must-sees that every guide-book recommends: Place des Vosges, medieval Paris, the aristocratic garden of hôtel de Sully, and Victor Hugo’s first house before he even wrote Les Mis
- Lifestyle landmarks that you have to experience: trend-setting stores, walking streets, LGBT landmarks, and unique food “landmarks”.
- Insane stories: how French aristocrats lived in Le Marais. What happened to Le Marais during the French Revolution. And the famed architect who wanted to raze Le Marais and put an end to walking.
- Photo ops: Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées and Montmartre
- 3 of the the world’s greatest museums: Louvre, Orsay and the Orangerie
- The haunts of Coco Chanel, Hemingway and Princess Diana
- Place Vendôme and Napoleon’s great column
- Some of the world’s most exclusive hotels: Crillon, Meurice, Ritz and now Mandarin Oriental
- Your guide: a born-and-raised Parisian who will bring the city of Paris to life
- bundles of surprises, secret venues and hidden gems
- photo spots and exclusive shops not listed in the standard guide-books
- free-flowing conversation with an engaging and enthusiastic, born-and-raised local
- 90 minutes, in English, along a short and comfortable route
- Notre Dame: Gothic, gargoyles, flying buttresses and the great fire of 2019
- Sorbonne university – ideas and revolutions
- The Pantheon and great Frenchmen – Victor Hugo, Voltaire and Emile Zola
- Student life in the Latin Quarter – artsy movie houses and cool cafés
- Latin Quarter heroes: the Unicorn, Cyrano de Bergerac, Hemingway, Picasso and Gertrude Stein
- A guide with fluent English, but who is also a Latin Quarter local. Complete with stories and insider’s recommendations
- Café Procope, Shakespeare and Company, Café Flore and Deux Magots: the cafés where coffee and literature bond
- Paris history: books to resist the nazis, WW II, freedom through jazz, and the original burial place of the Kings of France
- The studios of Picasso and Delacroix, and the birth-place of Guernica: Picasso’s greatest work?
- Valuable insider’s tips: what to do, where to go. Hot clubs, fun cafés, and authentic restaurants
Don’t forget to also check out our complete list of Paris walking tours!