What's in our tour?
Welcome to San Francisco!
Fisherman’s Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and our legendary Cable Cars – our Big Four are all in this jam-packed orientation tour.
Along with these our tour also explores hidden gems – the secret bridge in the heart of the fishing fleet, the birthplace of Irish Coffee, and bigger-than-life characters like The Bushman and Norton, the Emperor of the United States.
- The two ‘fisherman’s wharfs’ – the touristy and the authentic
- Prize-winning photo angles on Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower and Alcatraz Island
- Hyde Street Cable Car and our turntable
- The Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory
- Favorite spots of Steve McQueen, Danielle Steel and… the Zodiac Killer
- The birthplace of Irish Coffee.
- The ‘Escape from Alcatraz’ select club, and the Dolphin Club, a.k.a. the Polar Bear Swimming Club
Why take this tour?
This orientation tour loaded with photo opps, stunning vistas and hidden nooks and crannies, is for people who want to discover San Francisco and jump behind-the-scenes to get to the urban legends along with the favorite spots of locals.
On our tours you will feel the difference. Our native City Guides know what it’s like to live in San Francisco, are eager to take you around their favorite neighborhoods and glad to give you personal insights into life in our city – where to go out, shop, drink, dine and experience the city. An hour with a Discover Walks guide is like strolling around with a new friend.
In winter, our private tours are only $90 for groups, and only $70 for parties up to 4 persons!
Be at the meeting point 5 minutes early.
Privatize this tour
Groups of friends, families, and school groups looking for an opportunity to share private time together often reserve a private guide.
This is where you come first – and we cater to your interests and to your group.
$90 – All inclusive, 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Wheelchairs are not advised on this tour, because of unavoidable flights of stairs.