About this tour
You will meet your guide in the Jewish Ghetto for this night’s walking tour. Along the way, you will see statues and baroque fountains. This tour will take you to 7 different places including restaurants and delicatessens. Your next stop is Piazza Navona which is built on the site of a city market and a Stadium of Domitian in the late 15th century. Walk to Bernini’s Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, which is known as the Fountain of the Four Rivers, and also visit the medieval market at Campo de’ Fiori.
Along your way, you will go past important remains of Ancient Rome, which include the Temple of Apollo, the Portico of Octavia, and the Theatre of Marcellus. You will also learn about Julius Caesar’s death at Pompey Theatre.
This tour will give you a chance to discover sites not mentioned in guidebooks and listen to local folktales. Interact with the local people and enjoy the good food and fine wine that Rome is renowned for.
- Visit Rome’s major sights and a few hidden attractions
- Sample authentic delicacies at 7 different restaurants
- Visit Campo de’ Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto
- Interact with the local people in the inns and food eateries
- Get tips on how to prepare local recipes which have been handed down for generations
- Visit to Campo de’ Fiori Square
- Several different food tastings (up to 15 samples)
- Wine, beer, and soft drinks
- Walking tour
- Enthusiastic foodie expert guide
Operated by Food Raphael Tours and Events