About this tour
Your trip begins in Rome when you board our comfortable air-conditioned bus. Arrive in Pompeii and meet with the local guides. This tour will take you to the less-visited places in Pompeii such as ancient fast-food restaurants and local private family homes.
During the tour, the guide will tell you about the day-to-day life of the local people. You will see the magnificent sights in Pompeii and hear about the ancient port town. You will also hear about Mount Vesuvius and how it erupted in 79 A.D. Come across the plaster casts of people who died in the volcanic ash and visit the Temple of Venus.
This will be followed by a drive along the Amalfi Coast. As you enjoy the beautiful view you will hear about the local culture and the history of the coastal town. Perched on the cliffs, the town of Positano has inspired renowned writers such as Steinbeck and Goethe. Our guide will give you a quick brief of the available restaurants and you can enjoy a bit of leisure time as you shop and sample the local cuisine.
- Guided tour of Pompeii with a knowledgeable archaeological guide
- Scenic drive along the Amalfi Coast with a stop in the town of Positano
- Self-guided tour of Positano with lunch and shopping
- Round-trip transport in a comfortable air-conditioned minibus
- Express entrance tickets to Pompeii
- 2-hour tour of the Pompeii archaeological site with an expert tour guide
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
Operated by Walks of Italy