About this tour
On this tour, you will visit the villas of Tivoli. This 5-hour tour will take you to the Roman and Renaissance eras. You have an optional pick-up from your hotel. You will be transferred in a comfortable car as you explore the sights.
You will visit the magnificent sight of the Villa Adriana. Built in the 2nd century AD by Emperor Hadrian, you will step into its remarkable history. The villa has different architectural styles which were influenced by the Romans, Egyptians, and Athenians. During the tour, you will also explore the ancient symbols and learn how it was designed as an ideal city.
Your next stop will be Villa d’Este. You will get a chance to visit the palatial setting of the Renaissance-style villa which is surrounded by a magnificent terraced garden. Take in the beauty of its fountains, water tanks, and cascades and admire the fine Italian landscape gardening. The numerous grottoes, fountains, and nymphs were inspired by the Gardens of Babylon.
- Discover where the Roman and Renaissance nobles retreated to during summer
- Visit Villa Adriana, Emperor Hadrian’s ‘ideal city’
- Walk around Villa d’Este and take in its spectacular water features
- Walk-in a fantastic example of an Italian Garden and get a view of lovely grottoes and nymphs
- Transportation (Select pickup option)
- Roundtrip Transportation Rome/Tivoli
- Departure in coach bus from the meeting point
- Entrance tickets
- Pickup from centrally-located hotels in Rome, if option selected
- Gratuities and tips
Operated by Gray Line I Love Rome