About this tour
This 4-hour private bike tour allows you to see Rome on two wheels. You’ll venture outside the historic district to discover a new side of the city. Visit hidden gems that most visitors never see and get to know the real Rome through the eyes of a local. A glass of wine is included in the price.
Your bike tour begins at Piazza Conca d’Oro, just outside Rome’s historic centre. Meet your guide and hop on your bike for a non-touristy exploration of Rome, learning about the city’s culture and local legends along the way. Ride to squares in Trastevere’s hidden corners or between Appia Antica and San Giovanni. Listen to your guide’s stories about the Eternal City and its history—stories that Romans grow up hearing—and take advantage of this opportunity to see a more authentic side of Rome as you travel along small streets and visit your favourite local hangouts. You’ll also learn about local favourite restaurants where you can eat authentic Italian cuisine.
If you want to eat or drink something during your tour, just let your guide know, and lunch or dinner can be arranged (own expense).
Note: The tour’s meeting time is flexible; please indicate your preferred departure time when booking if it differs from what is listed.
- Stop by the ancient bridge Ponte Nomentano and ride along the Aniene River
- Check out, Parco Regionale dell’Appia Antica, the second largest park in Rome and the historic architecture
- Take a break at Villa Borghese, the central park of Rome since 1580
- Ride towards Piazza di Spagna and the Scalinata di Trinità dei Monti
- Get to see Largo di Torre Argentina and the Temple Area
- Learn about the history of the Jewish Ghetto and the archaeological passage of Portico d’Ottavia
- End the tour at the magnificent Piazza Venezia and Colosseum
- One glass of local wine
- Food and extra drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Operated by Withlocals