What's in our tour?
Live the Magic. Visit the Prague Castle after hours. As the crowds leave, the magic returns.
This tour includes the must-see landmarks as well as hidden gems.
These landmarks include Saint Vitus Cathedral, Parade Gate, Golden Lane and the panoramic views over our “city of 100 spires”.
The hidden gem we focus on is Mala Strana: the village that grew at the foot of the castle to service King and Court. Nerudova. Embassy Lane. Gems that most walking tours overlook.
Last but not least, we tell you about the events that our castle witnessed: the curse on Adolf Hitler, the amazing transformation of lead into gold, or the revolution brought about by Brahe and Kepler.
The guide you will meet is a born-and-raised local of Prague. A chance for you to talk to a local. See our reviews!
Please note that at this hour, many buildings may be closed. This tour does not go inside each building.
Also note that our walking tour of the Prague castle is a free tour. You pay only after your tour, and you pay what you want.
- The Castle’s must-sees: parade gate, Saint Vitus, Saint Nicolas, and golden lane where lead turns to gold.
- The castle’s hidden gems: Nerudova street, embassy lane, Mala Strana, and medieval alleys.
- Your guide. Engaging, fun and educated. A real local, with perfect English.
Where and when?
Our “the Prague Castle After Hours” walking tour runs every day, rain or shine, at 5.30pm
Book here. By reservation only
We meet on Malostranske Namesti square, outside Starbucks
Your guide wears a pink vest and a DISCOVER WALKS sign
Why take this tour?
- To explore Prague’s #1 attraction without the big crowds
- To live the magic of Prague
- To step beyond the obvious and experience the heart & soul of our formidable castle
This is a free walking tour. You pay the guide after your tour, and you pay what you choose (fyi, on this tour the average tip is CZK 300).
This tour runs every day, rain or shine.
Present yourself at the meeting point 5 minutes before the start of the tour.
On this tour, we will ride the streetcar. Bring a public transportation ticket or CZK24 to buy a ticket.