What's in our tour?
The Prague Food + Beer Tour is a chance to enjoy select Czech foods, to get to know Prague from the inside, to meet some colorful locals, and of course to eat well. Includes food samplings, drinks, a visit to the Beer museum, and an exploration of the neighborhood of the Powder Gate.
We meet at the feet of the Powder House: Prague’s iconic landmark, a stone’s throw away from the food market. Our meeting point is thus the first of many photo opps.
The group is small, and the guide inquires there and then as to what each guest wants to eat and explore. The guide also provides anecdotes to illustrate the history of Czech food – and beer, why is Czech beer so good?!
Our first stop is often a farmer’s stand. We easily find out what people long to eat after enduring 45 years of Communist food. Or else we walk into a bakery – Praguers have such a sweet tooth!
After these early stops, the format varies each time, depending on the season and the wishes of everyone. Still, during the tour we make sure to discover and sample:
- “Czech honey”, or else smoked cheese with “liquid bread”
- the Prague specialty: warm ham. Or perhaps the “veprova klobasa” cured sausage
- the “knedlik” of your choice: a dumpling with meat, vegetable or… fruit
- soup in a bread loaf
- and dessert: either “kolache” the Czech cake, or “trdelnik” the Slovak pastry
- beverages: “kofola” the cola of Communist days, local fruit juice, and 2 beers of your choice
- Also includes: a shot of Vietnamese alcohol – and why. A visit to the Beer museum, and your choice of 2
- of 30 locally brewed, micro-brewery and international tap and bottled beers
At the Farmers market, which is today not only a place to shop but also a real meeting point for friends, we discover both the mysterious tastes of products like veprova klobasa or kolache as well as find out how they are prepared. Equipped with a couple of tongue twisting polite words in Czech we can also try ourselves in a direct conversation with sellers and other visitors. We then move to the best place to taste aromatic Prague Ham and when strolling along the Revolution Street we have the opportunity to learn some fascinating facts from history of Czech Republic. We end our tour in a Beer Museum where in typically Prague atmosphere we get to taste famous Czech Beer.
We make stops at local eateries and drink stands, to sample the foods we’ve just picked, to discuss them, and to decide what to eat next. Like any food lover, each tour will make room for the particular season and the delivery of the day.
Your guide is a born-and-raised local with an infectious love of Czech cooking and breweries.
- ample samplings of iconic foods selected for this tour, and new foods you didn’t even know existed
- anecdotes and fun facts about food and about Czech culture
- face-to-face time with a passionate, local food expert
- small group, 2 hours, all in English
Where and when?
Our Prague food tour runs every Thursday rain or shine, for 2 hours.
The tour starts on time at 10.30am.
We meet outside Powder House.
Nearest metro is Namesti Republiky (line B).
Look for our distinctive pink vest
Why take this tour?
- For great food samplings
- For fun culture shocks from the country with more pork recipes than the rest of Europe combined
Prague Food tour is €55/adult, €39 for kids age 17 and under.
– samplings of a large selection of authentic Prague local foods
– a visit to Beer World, and your selection of 2 beers out of 37 local brews
– 2 hour small-group guided tour, in English, with a true local
Tour does not include : gratuities for the guide (optional)