What's in our tour?
Beat the big crowds. Explore the Prague Castle at 10am.
This tour gives you the must-see landmarks. Parade Gate. The Presidential Guard. The panoramic view over the city of 100 spires. Saint Vitus Cathedral.
But we also take you backstage. After all, this is a Discover Walks tour. Backstage at the Castle means “Mala Strana”. The district at the foot of the castle, where the servants of King and Court resided. Nerudova Street, embassy lane, medieval alleys, Saint Nicolas etc.
Finally, this tour gives you the events that happened in the Castle. The Day when Hitler is said to have lost WWII. The day lead turned to gold. Or what the court’s astronomers, Kepler and Brahe, did to astronomy.
Leading this tour is a born resident of Prague, a local selected for her/his knowledge of the city, warm personality and sense of story-telling.
Please note that in order to show you more, this tour does not go inside each building.
This is a free walking tour of the Prague castle. You pay only what you want and only after your tour.
- The Castle’s must-sees: parade gate, Saint Vitus, the presidential guard etc.
- The “private side” of the Castle: Mala Strana, Nerudova street, embassy territory, and medieval alleys tourists will never find
- A fun ride on Prague’s tram (to go up the hill)
- Your guide. Fun, engaging, educated, and a true local, with fluent English
Where and when?
Our “the Prague Castle Before the Crowds” tour runs every day, rain or shine at 10am.
Book here. By reservation only.
We meet on Malostranske Namesti square, outside Starbucks
Your guide wears a pink vest and a Discover Walks sign
Why take this tour?
- To explore Prague’s #1 attraction without the big crowds
- To find out how locals view their castle
- To jump off the tourist path, and touch on the soul of Prague
This tour runs rain or shine, every day.
You need to be at the meeting point 5 minutes before start.
We ride the tram, so you need to bring CZK24 or a tram ticket.
On our Free Walking Tours of Prague, you pay the guide what you want, and only after the tour. On this tour, the average tip is CZK300 fyi.