What's in our tour?
While Picasso was born in Spain, he felt the urge as an artist to move to Paris. He became Picasso in Paris. Why? What is so special about Paris?
Walk the Marais area, and you’ll find out what’s so inspiring about Paris for an artist. Then visit the Picasso museum. Skip all the lines, and discover Picasso’s personal collections.
This is a double-feature service, with a guided tour of Marais and a skip-the-line ticket for a self-guided visit at the Picasso museum.
1) skip-the-line ticket to the Picasso Museum. The Picasso museum contains the art Picasso kept for himself. This includes 5,000 works by Picasso, and works by Cézanne, Degas, De Chirico, Matisse etc.
Your ticket is valid at the time of your choosing, every day except Mondays.
2) art walking tour of the Marais.
We start our Marais tour at the Pompidou center for contemporary art and we end at the Picasso museum. Marais is a picturesque and authentic area and a favorite of choosy Parisians. It is also Paris’ art district, featuring the top art galeries.
- paintings and sculptures from every period of Picasso’s revolutionary art
- time inside the Picasso museum, instead of outside in the long queue
- a hand-held exploration of the Marais, Paris’ top district for art galeries, trendy fashion and mansions
Where and when?
Our Picasso Art Tour Marais runs rain or shine, at at 10.30am, and lasts a relaxed 90 minutes.
In English. Closed on Dec. 24 & 25 only.
We meet near the Pompidou center on place Stravinsky plaza (church side of the plaza).
Our tour ends at the Picasso Museum.
To see more on this tour, we do not spend time going inside each building.
Why take this tour?
To spend time inside the Picasso museum, instead of outside, where the queues are big.
To explore the favorite district of the Parisians, in the company of a friendly, born-and-raised, Parisian as your guide.
Picasso skip-the-line ticket + Marais Art Tour combo is €45/adult (or US$48). Discounts for kids 18 and under: €28.
Privatize this tour
Groups of friends, families, and school groups often book a private guide.Privatize this tour
This walking tour is wheelchair accessible.
The Picasso museum is open every day except Monday, 11.30am to 6pm. The museum closes Dec. 24 & 25, January 1 and May 1.