What's in our tour?
This Private Tour of Notre Dame will expose you to the dramatic fire that Notre Dame endured on April 15, 2019.
The spire, the roof, the frame and all that burnt to ashes – what happened? The structure, the rose windows, the thorn crown: how did they survive?
The tour also unveils the positive opportunities that the re-construction works creates, for the future of Notre Dame and the island it sits on.
As an old page turns, you also peek at the new one as it begins to write itself.
Your guide is up to date on the latest developments in the fire investigation, as well as in the re-construction works.
Your private tour of Notre Dame ends by the chancel of Notre-Dame, with variations.
NOTE: This is the first tour since the tragic fire. We adjust daily to the shifting access-and-security requirements of the re-construction site. Right now, we do not expect to access the island nor the building. But we will come as close as permitted.
- Understand what exactly happened, and how the church roof could go up in smoke in just 90 minutes
- Obtain the most recent information on the on-going investigation
- Get guided to the best available vistas on the progress of Notre Dame
- Receive an insider’s insight into the formidable re-construction project: a spire 96-meter high, a frame of 1,300 oak trees, a roof of 210 metric tons – and just 5 years to complete it all
- Stand where you can experience the spiritual force of Notre Dame
Where and when?
This Private Tour of Notre Dame – Before, During and After the Fire runs every day, rain or shine, at 9am and 2pm, and lasts around 90 minutes.
Every day, closed on Dec. 24 & 25 only.
We meet at 77 rue Galande, outside “Odette”. Closest metro stations: Cluny and Maubert-Mutualité (line 10) and Saint-Michel (line 4).
We end to the back of Notre-Dame, specific end-point will vary according to re-construction works under way.
Why take this tour?
To find out what happened with the fire at Notre Dame.
And to experience what is so special about the world’s most celebrated Gothic church.
From €125 + 6% taxes and fees, depending on duration requested and on group size.
Booking is mandatory. Free cancellation policy up to 24 hours before the tour.
Be at the Paris Notre Dame tour meeting point 5 minutes early.
Wheelchairs are not advised on this tour, because of stairs and narrow sidewalks.