What's in our tour?
Notre Dame Cathedral, home of the Hunchback, is Paris’ most visited attraction. With our post-fire tour, you still see and experience the magic of the cathedral of Notre Dame. You take the residents’ route and you walk right up to the church. The towers, flying buttresses, gargoyles, and rose windows are all on display.
With your born-and-raised local guide, you get the best vantage points and the closest spots (which often change). You step into the Forbidden city. You find out how Notre Dame came into possession of the Lord’s Crown of Thorns, and how it was saved from the fire. You hear how Victor Hugo’s Hunchback of Notre Dame saved the Cathedral two times over.
The tour includes numerous photo opportunities, plus (construction restrictions permitting) walks past Sainte Chapelle, Conciergerie, the Paris Flower Market, and Palais de Justice.
So we can see more, we do not spend time going inside each building.
- The gargoyles and the flying buttresses
- Best overall photo spots, and residents’ access to the island
- Info about the re-build, and on-the-spot details about the fire –see where it started and how it spread
- Learn the secrets behind Paris’s most visited site, and how Victor Hugo’s Hunchback saved Notre Dame in 1831
- Barring construction site restrictions, may also include: Palais de Justice and Sainte Chapelle – Notre-Dame’s “younger sister”. Also Conciergerie, the palace of the French Kings and Marie Antoinette’s last home
Where and when?
Join our Latin Quarter, from Notre Dame to Panthéon free tour to learn more about Notre Dame.
Why take this tour?
To find out about the fire and about the re-build of Notre Dame.
And to experience what is so magical about the world’s most celebrated Gothic church.
HOT DAY SPECIAL: We walk in the shade as much as possible and every tour makes frequent stops for water. EXCLUSIVELY WITH DISCOVER WALKS.
Privatize this tour
Groups of friends, families, and school groups often reserve a private guide for this tour. From €125 depending on duration and group size.Privatize this tour
Wheelchairs are not advised on this tour, because of stairs and narrow sidewalks.