What's in our tour?
Notre Dame Cathedral, home of the Hunchback, is Paris’ most visited attraction. With our post-fire tour, you still see and experience the magic of the cathedral of Notre Dame. You take the residents’ route and you walk right up to the church. The towers, flying buttresses, gargoyles, and rose windows are all on display.
With your born-and-raised local guide, you get the best vantage points and the closest spots (which often change). You step into the Forbidden city. You find out how Notre Dame came into possession of the Lord’s Crown of Thorns, and how it was saved from the fire. You hear how Victor Hugo’s Hunchback of Notre Dame saved the Cathedral two times over.
The tour includes numerous photo opportunities, plus (construction restrictions permitting) walks past Sainte Chapelle, Conciergerie, the Paris Flower Market, and Palais de Justice.
So we can see more, we do not spend time going inside each building.
- The gargoyles and the flying buttresses
- Best overall photo spots, and residents’ access to the island
- Info about the re-build, and on-the-spot details about the fire –see where it started and how it spread
- Learn the secrets behind Paris’s most visited site, and how Victor Hugo’s Hunchback saved Notre Dame in 1831
- Barring construction site restrictions, may also include: Palais de Justice and Sainte Chapelle – Notre-Dame’s “younger sister”. Also Conciergerie, the palace of the French Kings and Marie Antoinette’s last home
- Hot Day Special: on hot days, we walk in the shade, the guide brings fans for everyone, and every tour makes frequent stops for fresh water
Where and when?
From May 1: we run our Notre Dame Tour every day, rain or shine, at 1pm. Extra 3 pm tour from May 1 – Oct. 15.
Every day, closed on Dec. 24 & 25 only.
We meet at 77 rue Galande, outside “Odette”. Closest metro stations: Cluny and Maubert-Mutualité (line 10) and Saint-Michel (line 4).
The specific end-point will vary according to re-construction works under way. Closest métro stop will be hôtel-de-ville (lines 1 and 11).
Groups of 8 and more please book. In the interest of all guests, we reserve to turn down large groups without a reservation. We advise large parties to book a private tour.
Why take this tour?
To find out about the fire and about the re-build of Notre Dame.
And to experience what is so magical about the world’s most celebrated Gothic church.
This is a free walking tour where you pay the guide what you want at the end of the tour.
Advanced reservation is not required, and walks-ins are always welcome.
Be at the Paris Notre Dame tour meeting point 5 minutes early.
Privatize this tour
Groups of friends, families, and school groups often reserve a private guide for this tour. From €125 depending on duration and group size.
Wheelchairs are not advised on this tour, because of stairs and narrow sidewalks.