What's in our tour?
On this free Montmartre walking tour, you will run into all the romance that Paris stands for.
You will explore Paris’ most bohemian, artistic district. You will discover the picturesque streets that inspired Renoir, Picasso, and Edith Piaf. You will photograph some of the best vistas of Paris. And in the end, you will feel very Parisian.
The itinerary covers Moulin Rouge to Sacre Coeur cathedral. We make our way up through secluded gardens and back alleyways. We explore the eccentric lifestyles of current and former Montmartre residents. We discover why local residents are so proud of their peculiar vineyard.
We run into countless photo ops. And we enjoy the romance of Montmartre. We end at Sacre Coeur, with the best views of Paris lying at our feet.
So we can see more, we do not spend time going inside each building.
- Moulin Rouge, Chat noir and the cabaret of the Assassins
- Sacre coeur church and artists’ square – icon of Bohemian Paris
- The extravagant home of eccentric pop singer Dalida – and what it means to French pop culture
- Windmills, vineyards and Paris’ most celebrated 180° view
- The haunts of Renoir, Picasso and Amélie – and how they matter to the rest of the world
- The best view of Sacre Coeur – and why no one ever goes there
- HOT DAY SPECIAL: on hot days, we walk in the shade, our guides have fans and water sprays for every guest, and every tour makes frequent stops for water
Where and when?
Our Montmartre Tour starts on time every day at 11 am & 2.30 pm everyday rain or shine and last a relaxed 90 minutes.
The tour runs every day, closed on Dec. 24 & 25 only.
We start outside metro station “Blanche”, at street level.
This tour ends near Sacre coeur, 5 minutes away from Anvers metro station.
Groups of 8 and more please book. We advise large groups to book a private tour. In the interest of all guests, we reserve the right to accommodate or to turn down large groups.
Why take this tour?
To discover the secret side of Montmartre, the side that has inspired artists over and over again.
To keep away from the crowds in this tourist-packed area, and to find hidden gems.
To go beyond the obvious photo spots, and catch the heart & soul of the area.
This is a free walking tour of Montmartre, in which you pay the guide what you want at the end of your tour.
Advanced reservation is not required. Walks-ins are always welcome.
Be at the Montmartre tour meeting point 5 minutes early.
If you wish to book in advance, use the “Book Now” button on the right side of this page.
Privatize this tour
Groups of friends, families, and school groups often reserve a private guide for this tour. A private tour costs €125 to €240, depending on group size and tour duration.
Wheelchairs not advised on this tour, because of long climbs.
Average tip on this tour: €12
Average time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Ends near metro Anvers
Look for our distinct pink vests