What's in our tour?
On this private Montmartre walking tour, you have a guide to yourself to enjoy all the romance that Paris stands for.
You can book one of our private guides now, if want to discover Montmartre’s must-see landmarks and explore the intimate, secluded back-streets that make Montmartre so unique.
A private guide gets you the context, and the best views that large groups cannot access. A private guide can help you take the best photos, or hit the back alleys that only locals know. Ask your guide to take you to the points where Renoir and Picasso painted. Or to point you to the exciting food vendors of Montmartre. At the end of your private tour, you will feel very Parisian.
The itinerary will follow your interests and adjust to your pace. We can discover landmarks – Moulin Rouge and Sacre Coeur. Explore secluded gardens and back alleyways. Observe the eccentric lifestyles of current and former Montmartre residents. Or understand why locals are so proud of their peculiar vineyard.
The photo ops are countless. And we end at the foot of the Sacre Coeur basilica, with Paris’ landmarks all lying at our feet.
Please note this is an outdoors tour, in order to see more, we do not spend time going inside buildings.
- We can focus on whatever you decide. The icons, or the authentic Montmartre, or the best eateries etc., it’s your choice
- Views and photo ops: windmills, the vineyard, and Paris’ best-loved 180° view
- The best view of Sacred Heart – and why no one ever goes there
- The entertainment clubs of chat noir, cabaret of the assassins and of course Moulin Rouge
- The icons of bohemian Paris: artists’ square and back-streets and alleys
- Great landmarks of art history: Toulouse-Lautrec’s cabaret, Renoir’s Ballroom, and Picasso’s workshop
- The good life of Montmartre today: maison rose, the food places of rue des abbesses, the mad chocolate store etc.
Where and when?
Our private walking tour of Montmartre starts at the time of your choice. If you are not sure, we think 9am is the best time.
We can meet you at street level outside metro station “Blanche”.
Your private tour will end where you wish. Guide can walk or point you where you wish.
Advanced booking is required.
Why take this tour?
To steer away from crowds in this tourist-packed area, and yet explore all that Montmartre has to offer.
HOT DAY SPECIAL: We walk in the shade as much as possible and every tour makes frequent stops for water. EXCLUSIVELY WITH DISCOVER WALKS.
This is a custom, private walking tour of Montmartre.
The cost is €179. Booking is required.
Be at the meeting point 5 minutes early.
If you wish to book this tour, use the “Book Now” button on the right side of this page.
Your private guide will end the tour where you wish. The closest train/metro stop Anvers, fyi.
Unfortunately, because of climbs and some cobblestones, wheelchairs are not advised on Montmartre.
Travel plans can change, we apply a FREE CANCELLATION policy. Consult our T&C.