About this tour
Enjoy a 4-hour cooking class in a private home as you learn how to make authentic Italian cuisine. Led by an experienced sommelier and teacher, you will work in small groups of up to six people. This intimate lesson will start with tea or coffee and a discussion on the day’s menu. The menu varies from one season to another.
Your first item will be antipasti (bruschetta, focaccia, or puff pastry. This will be followed by homemade risotto, pasta, gnocchi, or minestrone which will be your first course. The second course will either be fish or meat with a vegetarian option for vegetarians. For dessert, you will prepare tiramisu chocolate cake, panna cotta, fruit, or homemade ice cream with strawberries.
All the ingredients are freshly purchased from the market to make it easy for you to replicate the meal at home. Gluten-free, vegetarian, or low-calorie menus are available on request. Once your meal is ready, you will enjoy it with carefully selected wine. Your sommelier and teacher for the day will tell you why the wine makes a good pairing. Your tour will end as you pick up your souvenir cooking diploma.
- Learn how to cook a 4-course Italian meal
- Prepare fresh pasta, pizza, gnocchi, or risotto
- Learn what makes Italian home cooking so special
- Learn how to select and pair Italian ingredients
- Taste your home-cooked meal
- Enjoy the professionally paired food and wine
- Food tasting
- Apron loan
- Recipe booklet to keep
- Cooking diploma
- Apron (sold separately if you would like to purchase one)
Operated by Cook in Milano