About this tour
Soak in a wealth of England’s rural and historical treasures, and the fictional ‘Downton Abbey’ village, in this fanciful day tour.
The first stop is Blenheim Palace. Follow your guide through stunning state rooms bursting with lovely paintings and colorful tapestries before heading out to the green gardens, set on more than 1,860 acres (750 ha) of manicured land.
At Cotswolds region, stop at one of two charming villages: the picture-postcard hamlet of Bibury, to amble past its famous weavers’ cottages, originally built as a wool store in 1380, and the 12th-century St. Mary’s Church. Or, drive on to idyllic Bourton-on-the-Water, sometimes known as ‘Little Venice’ for the series of handsome low bridges that cross the Windrush River that flows through the village cente.
Finally, continue to Bampton, the classic English village that doubled as fictional Downton village in the famous TV drama series of Downton Abbey.
- Explore the lush gardens & splendor of Blenheim Palace State Rooms
- Discover two traditional English villages
- Discover Bampton, the setting for TV series Downton Abbey
- Embark on a panoramic tour of the enchanting Cotswolds
- Professional guide
- Conditioned vehicle
- Free Wi-Fi on coach
- Vox Headset
- Blenheim Palace, State Rooms and Gardens
What’s not included
- Visit to Highclere Castle
- Optional gratuities
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Operated by Evan Evans Tours