About this tour
Turkish cuisine is a feast to all senses, healthy, packed with flavour and once you give it a go, easy to make. Traditional Turkish foods rely less on seasonings and more on tasty fresh ingredients rolled, kneaded, shaped and cooked to perfection with care, dedication and passion.
Most Turkish dishes are admirably simple and uncomplicated but such simple cuisine requires fresh ingredients and careful preparation to succeed. Learning how to cook alla Turca is one of the most rewarding experiences of a visit to Turkey, and maybe the most valuable and prized souvenir you bring home with you.
Explore Turkey with your palate during this private cooking class in a friendly Istanbul home. The mother-daughter team of Nuray and Ipek will teach you how to make a variety of Turkish dishes su içli köfte (stuffed bulgar meatballs), karniyarik (eggplant stuffed with mincemeat and tomatoes) and barbunya pilaki (beans stewed in a tomato and lemon sauce. After all the hard work in the kitchen sit down and enjoy the food with your host.
- A 4-hour private cooking class near Ataturk International Airport
- Learn the secrets of Turkish cooking from the friendly mother-daughter team of Nuray and Ipek
- Cook stuffed bulgar meatballs, beans stewed in a tomato and lemon sauce and a seasonal soup
- Sit down to a meal of all your home-cooked foods, along with a cup of Turkish coffee
- Choose from multiple class times available throughout the day
- Enjoy a personalized experience on this private tour
- Private cooking class with your host Nuray
- Bottled water
- Glass of wine
- Local host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Operated by Traveling Spoon, Inc