About this tour
Gallipoli holds an important place in every Australian & New Zealander’s heart, a site that was Australia and New Zealand’s introduction to the Great War. The Gallipoli campaign took place on the Gallipoli peninsula from 1915 to 1916, during the First World War.
To this day it shapes and bonds the nations of Australia, New Zealand and Turkey alike. Travel back to the days of World War I as you explore the war memorials, battlefields, and landing sites of the Anzac Campaign in Gallipoli.
Learn the story of the fateful campaign as you visit all the most important sites, such as Brighton Beach, the 1st intended landing site for troops of the New Zealand and Australian armies. Go to Beach Cemetery, the most famous of all the Anzac cemeteries, and see the grave of Private John Simpson Kirkpatrick, one of the best-known of the Anzac soldiers. Look at the Anzac Commemorative Site at North Beach, below the sphinx where the dawn service is held on Anzac Day.
- Explore the war memorials and battlefields of the Gallipoli Peninsula
- Learn more about the ill-fated campaign of the ANZAC troops
- Pause to reflect at the Commonwealth cemeteries
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Pick up & drop off from/to your Istanbul hotel
- Tips except for driver and guide
- Entrance fees
- Suggested optional activities
- Tips – driver and guide
- Compulsory Travel Insurance
Operated by Fez Travel