About this tour
Sogut is a quaint, nondescript town of 14,000 people. A three-hour drive from Istanbul, navigating snaking roads cutting through the plateaus of sunflower, wheat, hop and lettuce fields, the town is fast gaining traction on Turkey’s tourism map.
It’s here that Ertugrul head of a nomad Kayi tribe and father of Osman, the Ottoman Empire’s first sultan established his first principality in the 13th Century. The central attraction in Sogut is the tomb of Ertugrul, where tourist numbers have swelled in the past few years. It was a normal grave until 1886 when it was turned into a decorated tomb. Free-standing flags of several Turkic nations decorate the inside of the structure. And encircling the grave are small boxes containing packets of soil brought from erstwhile governorates of the Ottoman Empire in Ertugrul’s honour.
Thanks to a popular Turkish television series beamed around the world, this once-forgotten town is experiencing a tourism boom. Dirilis: Ertuğrul “Resurrection: Ertuğrul” is a Turkish historical fiction and adventure television series. The series Resurrection Ertugrul entered the encyclopedia Guinness World Record as the best dramatic work in the history of global Drama with views reaching 3 billion and has been translated into 39 languages around the world.
- A full-day, private Ertrugrul tour, from Istanbul
- Learn about Turkish history, politics, and popular culture from your guide
- Visit Ertrugrul’s mausoleum, and see real-life filming locations from the series
- Travel comfortably in a climate-controlled, WIFI-equipped vehicle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Ottoman and Islamic History Expert Professional Licensed
- Tour Guide
- Hiring Alp and Hatun costumes for a photo opportunity
- Wifi on board
- Pick up drop off
- Coffee and/or Tea
Operated by Trip Now Travel & Events