On arrival at the Plaza Catalunya, 21 next to the Hard Rock Café (lookout for the pink umbrella) you will board your vehicle and head to castle experience for a wine tour around their vineyard. Along the way, you will enjoy the beautiful rugged peaks of Montserrat defining the horizon. A walk through the pine tree forest and the vineyards will culminate with a glass of wine as your guide tells you of the culture and traditions held dear by generations. The peace and quiet at the sun-soaked vineyard is interrupted only by the soft clinking of wine glasses.
The next stop will be at Abadia de Montserrat where you will get to enjoy a guided tour in Montserrat and visit the main tourist attraction; the monastery. You will have some free time to either dig into a scrumptious tapas brunch at the château or enjoy a 3-course meal at a local restaurant for traditional foods made by Montserrat monks or farmers. Here is a special place where nature, culture, and spirituality converge. You will later meet up with your tour guide for the second part of the tour.
Continue on to the Oller del Mas winery, where you will get to enjoy its splendid natural wines that have earned plenty of awards in recent years. One of its wines won the “Best Wine in Catalonia” award in 2018. Your guide will take you for a stroll by the vineyards where you will learn how the wine is made, and discover all of its secrets. This family-owned boutique winery is beautiful and overlooks the Monserrat Mountains.
It is advisable to wear comfortable clothes and shoe areas there is some walking involved. Do not worry about your dietary restrictions because it is all catered for maximum enjoyment on the tour. This is a small group tour encouraging an intimate experience and easy engagement with the guide.
- Castlexperience – Wine Tours- Tour of the vineyards and wine tasting.
- Abadia de Montserrat- You get some free time to enjoy some traditional foods made by Montserrat monks or farmers.
- Oller del Mas- you will be taken through the winemaking process
Why people take this tour?
Spectacular scenery, sun-soaked wineries, breathtaking mountain-top views, and delicious tapas/lunch – this is a day of food, wine-tasting, and Catalan culture that can’t be missed.
7 hours for the Tapas Option
9 hours for the Lunch Option
- Tour starts in the morning
- Mobile tickets
- A full refund when you cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience
- The temperatures in Montserrat and the winery has the tendency of being more extreme than in Barcelona. It is recommended therefore to you please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly.