This small-group tour will take you back in time to the charming villages and beautiful countryside outside the city of Barcelona. It will start from central Barcelona where you will board an air-conditioned van and drive through the green countryside to the charming village of Besalú.
Once you arrive, you will have time to walk and explore the ancient city by stopping to admire its streets lined with medieval-era architecture. Nearby is mikveh, a 12th-century Jewish bath, believed to be some of the oldest Jewish baths still standing in Europe. Soon after, you will stop by a medieval synagogue.
Next, you will proceed to the village of Rupit, where you will tour its baroque Church of Sant Miquel and the castle ruins. It’s in Rupit that you will have your lunch break. There are a number of traditional restaurants to choose from and your guide will be happy to recommend a place or even make a reservation for you.
The next stop will be at Tavertet for a short walk to admire the sandstone cliffs overlooking Pantà de Sau lake. Then check out the 11th-century Romanesque Church of Sant Cristòfol.
You will end the trip with a ride back to Barcelona while enjoying vistas of verdant-green forests like Magatalls, along with the UNESCO Man and Biosphere-listed El Montseny natural park.
- A drive through the blossoming countryside to the fascinating village of Besalú in an air-conditioned van.
- A trip to a nearby mikveh (a 12th-century Jewish bath) before a stop by a medieval synagogue.
- A tour of the 11th-century Romanesque Church of Sant Cristòfol.
Why people take this tour?
- There are stunning views of the countryside from the Cingles de Tavertet sandstone cliffs
- Experience the mix of modernity and traditional way of life in the medieval villages
- Admire ancient architecture that still stands in the 21st century
10hrs 30minutes in small group of 16
- Mobile tickets.
- Confirmation received at the time of booking.
- Free cancellation 24 hours before a tour.
- There will quite some walking, therefore, we recommend that the tourist should have a moderate physical fitness level.