The day will start early as you leave your centrally located Barcelona hotel in a comfortable air-conditioned taxi. You will arrive at the train station at around 8:00 am then board a high-speed train to Figueres – the hometown of Salvador Dali, a famous surrealist artist.
Along the way, the beautiful scenery will make this short journey pass in the blink of an eye. From the train station, you will then travel in an air-conditioned minivan to the site of the historical museum.
Your engaging and knowledgeable guide will share the history of the diverse collection of works by Salvador Dalí and go through the paintings and sculptures that comprise the largest assortment of his works in the world. Your guide will then shed more light on the broad range of work by the artist then let you experience a 3-dimensional living room installation. You will have firsthand experience of the mind-bending holographic art and view a collection of jewelry designed by Dali himself.
You will be shown Dali’s final resting place in a crypt below the stage, and visit an antique theatre to see the glass geodesic dome that crowns the stage. Later on, you will return to the station and unwind during the train journey back to bustling Barcelona.
For the Girona upgrade option, you will alight at Girona to travel around the medieval myriad of notable monuments and tangled streets. Here you will get to see the influence diverse cultures and religions have had on the architecture of the 2,000-year-old city and marvel in the multi-colored display of buildings that decorate the banks of the Onyar River.
At Girona, you’ll take pleasure in the Cathedral that decorates the top of a hill. It has 90 steps and a variety of styles detailing the history of the building. You will find Romanesque, Gothic, Baroque elements on it. At the museum, you will get to see the creation of tapestry. After a day well spent, the high-speed train will save you time back to Barcelona.
- Round trip in high-speed train transport.
- Learn the intricate details of Dali’s artwork such as mannerisms, ideas, insights.
- There is free time to look around on your own, walk around or shop for souvenirs and sample some of the jewelry at the exhibition.
- Walking tour of the 2,000-year-old Girona is optional
Why people take this tour?
- This tour will expose you to the incredible artwork by Salvador Dali, as well as the colorful region of Catalonia non-exclusive to Barcelona.
- This tour offers a convenient and fast mode of transportation to and from Barcelona via high-speed train.
- Instant confirmation at the time of booking unless its a day before the tour.
- Free cancellation 24 hours before a tour for a full refund.