You want to visit Paris and you want to rent a room in a youth hotel? If you’re not scared of sharing your room and your bathroom, choosing a youth hotel in Paris can be a very good alternative! Here are few tips to choose a youth hotel in Paris!
To choose a youth hotel in Paris, you have to find the great location
Choose a youth hotel in Paris near a metro (and even more convenient between different metro lines!) and you should encounter no problem to travel inside the city. Then the location IN Paris depends on what you want to do. You want to visit Eiffel tower and Trocadero? Head left bank and the West of Paris!
You are more into nightlife, going out and pubs? Head East and right bank, like the XI arrondissement! But don’t worry, from anywhere you are, you can go anywhere else with the metro, it will just be longer depending from where you start. The location can also allow you to have an amazing view from your window.
Rules to choose a youth hotel in Paris
- Book through a website such as booking, it will allow you to have a list of the choices you have. Comparing hotel by hotel can be pretty exhausting.
- Read the comments on the hotel! You’re renting a youth hotel, obviously if people say it is disgusting and people are not polite don’t rent a bed!
- Carefully look at the pictures (and rent an hotel room with pictures). Because who knows if it is what you really want?
- Read carefully the rules of the hotel, is there a curfew? Do you have to leave at 7 in the morning? Do you have breakfast included? These are many things that can change the way you’re traveling.
- Don’t expect too much, a youth hotel is never a palace; it’s most of the time a simple place to sleep.
- Don’t expect intimacy! Most of the rooms are shared with strangers!
- Don’t expect for something very clean. The bathroom are shared and this point can lead to some very very very disgusting things that I would really like to forget…
So now that you know how to choose a youth hotel in Paris, the city is waiting for you! Enjoy our wine, cheese, and macarons!