Easter in Paris
Are you visiting Paris during Easter? Here are some tips to help you enjoy your Easter in Paris! We are sure you will love it, and come back again next year!
Finding out the best chocolate shop in Paris
The Swiss and the Belgians are well-known for their excellent chocolate, but did you know that we, the French people, produce one of the finest chocolates too? Here are some addresses that you can try, depending on your budget:
- The very famous Fauchon makes some amazing Easter chocolate eggs, chickens and bells. They are so beautiful, that we take long before eating them! Obviously the price is high, but Fauchon‘s creations are a marvel for not just your eyes, but also your mouth. You can find one of its stores at Place de la Madeleine, Madeleine metro station.
- À la Mère de Famille is the oldest Parisian chocolate factory. Just by looking at the window, and you will be amazed by all the sweets. For Easter, they often make some humorous figures, such as this “poule mouillée” below which means “wet chicken“. You can find one of its stores at 35 rue du Faubourg Montmartre, Grands Boulevards metro station.
The “poule mouillée” from La Mère de Famille and the Easter chocolate eclair from Fauchon.
- Pierre Hermé is an original pastry cook who is inspired by the exotic artworks from Quai Branly Museum to create his own chocolate figures. They are both aesthetic and delicious. You will find one of his stores at 4 rue Cambom near the Jardins des Tuileries, and another one at 18 Rue Sainte-Croix de la Bretonnerie in the Marais neighborhood.
- Via Chocolat, located at 5 Rue Jean-Baptiste Pigalle near the Montmartre area, is a very special place in Paris, dedicated to chocolate tasting and sale.
Egg hunt for children and parents
This year, Easter happens on April, 1st. Each year, several egg hunts happens around the city of Paris! An egg hunt is a really fun activity, especially for children. It’s an unusual and entertaining way to explore the city! Your kids will love to participate in a Parisian egg hunt! Read on and find out where some of them will happen.
An egg hunt in the Tuileries Gardens, March 2013.
- At Jardin du Palais Royal, two different egg hunts will take place on different dates. Besides the egg hunt, many activities will be proposed such as make-up, gardening, painting, dancing workshops! On March, 28th, the À la Mère de Famille chocolaterie will be organizing an egg hunt, as well as La Maison Senoble on March, 31st at 4 pm and at 5 pm.
- Then, another egg hunt will be happening at Jardin des Champs Elysées on March, 28th from 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm!
- On April, 1st and on April, 2nd, an egg hunt will take place at Jardin du Luxembourg in the Latin Quarter. However, if you want to participate in this one, you need to book in advance, since the entries are limited!
In conclusion, Easter in Paris is exceptional and amazing! Plus, it is one more chance to realize that French food is really the best in the world! You will be delighted by all the stunning chocolate creations you will see in the chocolateries throughout the city!