What's in our tour?
The Champs Elysées, the Louvre Museum, the Tuileries Gardens etc. : this orientation tour is designed for discovering the landmarks dreamt up by the creators of the city of light – the Sun-King, Napoleon and other royalty.
We start at the Paris opera – the inspiration for “Phantom of the Opera” and for many buildings around the world, including the USA, Argentina and Australia.
We explore must-see attractions like place Vendome or hotel Ritz, we gaze at some of the world’s most sophisticated jewelry stores, step into the nexus of every Fashion Week, and glimpse into secretive courtyards.
We explore the personality of this neighborhood so symbolic of Paris, and learn the secrets behind these elegant old stones.
The finale is one of Paris’ greatest photo spots – place de la Concorde and its 360° view.
In order to see more on this tour, we do not spend time going inside each building.
- Our short walk takes us from the Paris Opera to the Concorde, where the guillotine took the life of King Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette, and where today Tour de France runs its grand finale.
- The haunts of Coco Chanel, Hemingway and Princess Diana, and the Texas Embassy (that’s right!)
- Place Vendôme – where owning a store is a haughty statement and every shop window is worth over €1 million
- Some of the world’s most exclusive, most acclaimed hotels – Crillon, Meurice, Ritz and now Mandarin Oriental
- Do not miss Louvre, Orsay and the Orangerie – three of the world’s greatest museums
- Photo opportunities for Arc de Triumph, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées and Sacré Coeur/Montmartre in the distance
Where and when?
Tours start on time every day at 10 am rain or shine and last a leisurely 90 minutes.
From May 1 through October 15 this tour also runs at 2.30pm
Every day, closed on Dec. 24 & 25 only.
We meet at Place de l’Opéra, on the steps of the Paris Opera, near the middle door. Closest metro station: Opera.
This walking tour ends near metro Concorde.
Groups of 8 and more please book. We advise large parties to book a private tour. In the interest of all guests, we reserve the right to accommodate or to turn down large groups.
Why take this tour?
Everything in the travellers’ dream of Paris is on this walking tour – the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs Elysées, all the glamour and fashion of Paris.
Your native guide also uncovers secrets of the fashion world, and shares insider’s insights and tips for shopping, eating or playing around Paris.
This is a free walking tour (you pay the guide what you want at the end of the tour), and no reservation is needed.
Walks-ins are always welcome.
Be at the meeting point 5 minutes early.
Privatize this tour
Groups of friends, families, and school groups looking for an opportunity to share private time together often reserve a private guide.
A private tour is €125 or €240
Wheelchairs not advised on this tour, because of 2 unavoidable flights of stairs.