What's in our tour?
“Boules Game in Paris” is a chance to wind down before dinner with a fun game Parisians play because anyone can win.
We meet on Paris’ oldest bridge, Pont-Neuf, and step into an out-of-the-way Parisian paradise – place Dauphine, where like-minded Parisians too like to hang out before dinner.
The instructor quickly shows you the rudiments of the game of boules – the metal balls sometimes known as “bocce balls” or as pétanque in the South of France. Pretty soon everyone is comfortable enough that the game can start.
There are many strategies – some give it their best shot, others seek to block the other team. But for everyone involved, experience is not so important as self-control – and a bit of luck. Meanwhile, the instructor slips some tips, shows some tricks, and tells the history of the game, and why Parisians like it so much.
As Parisians like to say, at the end of the day the important thing is to play and not to win. Of course the “aperitif” drinks that the instructor brought with her/him help quite a bit, along with the snack food. From time to time we may invite another team to join the fun.
The finale is – well, the instructor makes sure everyone feels a great Parisian winner at the end.
- the great “sport” players of any age and culture can play. You come as you are – playing gear, drinks, all is provided for
- for once, an all-fun, hands-on, accessible-to-all, form of Parisian culture
- instructor is as much a fun-loving Parisian as a boule afficionado
- 2 drinks per person also included
- beautiful setting along the water on place Dauphine park, half-way between Louvre and Notre-Dame
- native Parisian instructor can give you insider’s tips on things to do after the game – restaurants, bars, events etc.
- Groups limited to 6 to 8 – you get a lot of face-time with your instructor.
Where and when?
Our Paris Boule game starts on time at 5.30pm every Friday
We meet in the middle of pont-neuf bridge, by the horse statue. Closest metro station is Pont-neuf (line 7)
Closed on Dec. 24 & 25 only
The Paris Boule Game ends on ile de la Cité, in Central Paris just by Notre Dame Cathedral
Why take this tour?
A fun, laid-back – and authentic – way to live as Parisians do, and a nice way to throw some fun into your visit.
Tour is €29/adult (or US$35) discounted to €13 for kids 18 and under. Children under 7 come for free.