Free tour. Pay what you want at the end of the tour
The Champs Elysées, the Louvre Museum, the Tuileries Gardens etc: this orientation tour is designed for discovering the Paris landmarks built by the Sun-King, Napoleon and other royalty who turned Paris into the “City of Light”.
We explore must-see attractions like place Vendome or hotel Ritz, we gaze at some of the world’s most sophisticated jewelry stores, step into the nexus of every Fashion Week, and glimpse into secretive courtyards.
We explore the personality of this unique neighborhood, and learn the secrets behind these elegant old stones.
We start at the Paris opera – the inspiration for “Phantom of the Opera” and for many buildings around the world, including the USA, Argentina and Australia.
The finale is one of Paris’ greatest photo spots – place de la Concorde and its 360° view.
- Arc de Triumph, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées and Sacré Coeur/Montmartre photo opportunities
- The haunts of Coco Chanel, Hemingway and Princess Di, and the Texas Embassy (that’s right!)
- Place Vendôme – where owning a store is a haughty statement and every shop window is worth over €1 million
- Some of the world’s most exclusive, most acclaimed hotels – Crillon, Meurice, Ritz and now Mandarin Oriental
- Do not miss Louvre, Orsay and the Orangerie – three of the world’s greatest museums
- Our short walk takes us from the Paris Opera to the Concorde, where the guillotine took the life of King Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette, and where today Tour de France runs its grand finale.
Why take this tour
Everything in the travellers’ dream of Paris is on this walking tour – the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs Elysées, all the glamour and fashion of Paris.
Your native guide also uncovers secrets of the fashion world, and shares insider’s insights and tips for shopping, eating or playing around Paris.
This is a free walking tour (you pay the guide what you want at the end of the tour), and no reservation is needed.
Walks-ins are always welcome.
Be at the meeting point 5 minutes early.
If you prefer to book you tour in advance, e-mail: contact.paris(at)discoverwalks.com
Want to treat your family
to a private tour?
Groups of friends, families, and school groups looking for an opportunity to share private time together often reserve a private guide.
A private tour is €140 (up to 20 guests advised).
For small groups of up to 4 guests, we offer a discounted rate of €110.
Groups 8 or more please book in advance
Help us keep our tours small, parties of 8 and more please book 48 hours in advance.
Wheelchairs not advised on this tour, because of 2 unavoidable flights of stairs.
Tours start on time every day at 10 am rain or shine and last a leisurely 90 minutes.
We meet on the steps of the Paris Opera, near the middle door. Closest metro station: Opera.
This walking tour ends near metro Concorde.
Look for our distinctive fuchsia pink vests.
This is a free tour – you pay what you want at the end of the tour.
Reservations are not needed – walk-ins are welcome, present yourself 5 minutes before start.
In order to see more on this tour, we do not spend time going inside every building.